Hanedoes (also Hanedoux and Hanedouche)
For younger generations of ancestors who are descended from this family:
|see page on||Rauws|
Probably to escape persecution, the founder of this Huguenot family Gabriel Hanedouche (or Hanedoes) went from Calon in the
Artois region of France to Canterbury in England. He was married in Canterbury, and three of his children were born there
before he and his family moved to Leiden in Holland. From the middle of the 17th century, seven generations of Hanedoeses
played an important part in the administration of Woudrichem for more than 200 years. Woudrichem is in "het Land van Altena",
across the river from Gorinchem see map.
(Frederik Brandenburg kindly provided further information on Gabriel and his wife Antonette, which has been included in this chapter.)
? Hanedoux (?-?)
(See 11 generations back)
(blood-relationship 0,049 %)
* 1559? (Calon, Artois, France) x Antonette Bodijen (Canterbury, England 1580) + 17-1-1636 (Leiden)
Occupation: "passementverkoper" (seller of ribbons for clothing) and "poorter" of Leiden. He successfully introduced a mechanical production method for these ribbons.
(Not known if any other children)
Gabriël Hanedoes (1559?-1636)
and Antonette Bodijen (1563?-1643)
(See 10 generations back)
* 1585? (Canterbury, England?) + ?
* 1587? (Canterbury) x Ysaak de Zij (1605?) + ?
* 1589? (Canterbury) x Jan Maerjans + ?
Isaac (or "Ysaak") Hanedoes
(blood-relationship 0,098 %)
* 1591 (Leiden) x Vrouken Pelle (Leiden 6-2-1616) + 2-11-1649 (Leiden)
Occupation: seller of ribbons for clothing, collector of paintings. His intention to marry Anna Hendriksd. Semeijnis could not be realised because Anna died from a disease on 28-3-1614, the very day on which their marriage had been planned.
* 1601? + ? (died young)
* 1603? + ? (died young)
Isaac Hanedoes (1591-1649)
and Vrouken Pelle (1595-after 1649)
(See 9 generations back)
1. Jan Hanedoes
* 1622 (Leiden) + ?
2. Isaac Hanedoes
* 22-9-1623 (Leiden) x Hester Hulleth (Leiden 19-6-1646) + 16-12-1669 (Leiden)
Witnesses to Isaac's marriage were Joseph Giselijn, Anthoinette Bouden (his grandmother?), and Geertruit Pelle.
3. Weincken Hanedoes
* 10-10-1625 (Leiden) + ?
4. Gabriel Hanedoes
(blood-relationship 0,195 %)
* 3-1-1629 (Leiden) x Judith Adriaensd. ten Hage (1652?) + 24-3-1704
Occupation: "advocaat voor de Hove van Holland".
5. Meyntien (or same as Weincken?) Hanedoes
* ? (alive in 1650) + ?
6. Marie Hanedoes
* ? (alive in 1654) + ?
Gabriel Hanedoes (1629-1704)
and Judith Adriaensd. ten Hage (1631-?
(See 8 generations back)
(probably) Isaac Hanedoes
* 22-5-1657 (Woudrichem) + ?
(blood-relationship 0,39 %)
* 26-7-1659 x Helena Jansd. van der Graaff + 4?-1742 (Woudrichem)
Occupation: brewer of beer and "lid van de regering van Woudrichem".
(Not known if any other children)
Adriaen Hanedoes (1659-1742)
and Helena van der Graaff (1663-1742)
(See 7 generations back)
1. Johanna Cornelia Hanedoes
* 22-4-1685 (Woudrichem) x Dirk Willem Keyser + ?
2. Judith Maria Hanedoes
* 12-5-1686 (Woudrichem) + before 1699
3. Gabriel Hanedoes
* 25-1-1688 (Woudrichem) + ?
4. Johan (Jan) Hanedoes
* 26-10-1689 (Woudrichem) + ?
Occupation: medical doctor in Amsterdam
5. Adriaan Hanedoes (Junior)
* 17-6-1691 (Woudrichem) x Sara Bertruda Rauws + 1751
Occupation: brewer of beer, owner of brewery "De Haen" at the "Visstraat" in Woudrichem, "lid van de regering van Woudrichem". Adriaan's sister, our ancestor Helena Hanedoes (see below) married Pieter Rauws, a brother of his own wife Sara Bertruda Rauws. On 23-11-1734, Adriaan was present when Anna Maria Sonnemans, the widow of Dirck Jansz. ten Hage, appeared before him and two other "schepenen" of Woudrichem to sign and deposit her last will, which was contested immediately after her death when its contents became known; see the page on Ten Hage.
6/7. Dirk Hanedoes
* 27-8-1693 (Woudrichem) + before 1696
6/7. Isaac Hanedoes
* 27-8-1693 (Woudrichem) + before 1698
8. Tjerck ("Tjerk") Hanedoes
* 1-8-1694 (Woudrichem) x Maria Adriana van der Duyn (14-7-1734) + ?
Occupation: "dijkgraaf" of Altena, "schepen" of Gorinchem, "schout" of Rijswijk.
Adam Rauws, our great-great-great-great-grandfather, came to live with his uncle Tjerk in Gorinchem at the age of 10, in 1754.
9. Dirck Hanedoes
* 28-10-1696 (Woudrichem) + ?
10. Isaack Hanedoes
* 12-11-1698 (Woudrichem) + ?
Occupation: clergyman in Egmond aan Zee and Egmond-Binnen.
11. Judith Maria Hanedoes
* 6-9-1699 (Woudrichem) + ?
12. Helena Hanedoes
(blood-relationship 0,78 %)
* 18-7-1706 (Woudrichem) x Pieter Rauws (12-1-1732) + 16-12-1774
Helena's brother Adriaan married Sara Bertruda Rauws, a sister of her own husband Pieter Rauws.
For Helena's descendants see the page on Rauws.
(Back to chapter Genealogy)
(Back to top of this page)