For younger generations of ancestors who are descended from this family:
|see page on||Verweij|
The family obviously took its name from the town of Otterlo in the province of Gelderland. There is doubt about the identity of the parents of our fourth great-grandfather Hendrik van Otterloo. According to the "geslachtslijst van de familie Verweij" he was born in 1712, and his parents were Hendrik Melisz. van Otterloo and Jannigje Hendriksd. van Overeem. In the archives we did indeed find this couple who were married in Woudenberg on 12-5-1709. This date would fit in very well to Hendrik's year of birth 1712. As far as we know the couple had six children, mentioned below, among whom there indeed was a Hendrik. But this Hendrik was born on 13-4-1727, which must either mean that he was aged eleven when he married his first wife Cuynera de Wolff in 1738, which is unthinkable, or that our ancestor Hendrik van Otterloo was quite a different person altogether. Below we name him as the second child of Hendrik Melisz. and Jannigje Hendriksd., but this is in fact not very likely because then the name Hendrik would not have been used again for another sibling, 15 years later. There might therefore have been two different Hendriks van Otterloo in Woudenberg at the same time who may have been closely related, but who were not from the same parents. Maybe this riddle will be solved by future research.
? van Otterloo (?-?)
(See 8 generations back)
Melis van Otterloo
(blood-relationship 0,39 %)
* ? x ? (wife unknown, married around 1680) + ?
(Not known if any other children)
Melis van Otterloo (?-?)
(See 7 generations back)
Hendrik Melisz. van Otterloo
(blood-relationship 0,78 %)
* 1680? x Jannigje Hendriksd. van Overeem (12-5-1709) + ?
Aeltje Melisd. van Otterloo
* ? + ?
Aeltje must have been Hendrik's sister, because she was a witness at his marriage to Jannigje Hendriksd. van Overeem.
(Order of births unknown, not known if any other children)
Hendrik Melisz. van Otterloo (1680?-?)
and Jannigje Hendriksd. van Overeem (1685-?)
(See 6 generations back)
1. Berendina Hendriks van Otterloo
* 14-9-1710 (Woudenberg) x Barend Kloek (Woudenberg 3-1-1733) + ?
2. (?) Hendrik van Otterloo
(blood-relationship 1,56 %)
* 1712 (Woudenberg) x I. Maria Cuynera de Wolff (Zeist 25-5-1738) II. Petronella van Raay (Doorn 5-11-1752) + ?
3. Kornelis Hendriksz. van Otterloo
* 14-10-1714 (Woudenberg) + ?
4. Trijntje Hendriks van Otterloo
* 13-7-1716 (Woudenberg) + ?
5. Melis Hendriksz. van Otterloo
* 14-4-1720 (Woudenberg) x Trijntje Willems van Moesbergen (also "Trijntje Moesberg") (Woudenberg 20-1-1743) + ?
Melis was Trijntje's second husband. She had been married before to Gijsbert Hannisz. Bosch, a "meester chirurgijn".
6. Jantje Hendriks van Otterloo
* 16-7-1724 + ?
7. Hendrik Hendriksz. van Otterloo
* 13-4-1727 + ?
8. Willem Hendriksz. van Otterloo
* 18-6-1730 + ?
Hendrik van Otterloo (1712-?)
and Petronella van Raay (1728?-?)
(See 5 generations back)
1. Maria Cuynera van Otterloo
* 30-9-1753 (Doorn) + ?
(Maria Cuynera was alive in 1777)
2. Dirk van Otterloo
* 16-11-1755 (Doorn) + ?
3. Cornelis van Otterloo
* 15-10-1758 (Doorn) + ?
4. Jacoba van Otterloo
(blood-relationship 3,125 %)
* 12-7-1761 (Doorn) x Otto Pieter Verweij + 11-6-1827 (Geldermalsen)
For her descendants see the page on Verweij.
5. Joanna van Otterloo
* 26-12-1766 (Doorn) + ?
(Back to chapter Genealogy)
(Back to top of this page)